Business leaders expect their modern workplace solution to empower and enable users to achieve business outcomes faster and more efficiently than ever before. They want a frictionless IT service; one that’s wholly aligned with the way people work today.
Information & Firstline workers demand the ability to communicate critical business information; the ability to share that information quickly and securely with reliable communications solutions; and the ability to collaborate with colleagues, customers and external partners alike.
Through our one-day complimentary workshop, we aim to help you exploit the most useful Office 365 collaboration tools such as: Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, SharePoint Online; OneDrive for Business and Yammer.
9.00 – 9.30 – Registration and breakfast
9.30 – 10.00 – Introduction & Brainstorm Activity – What are the challenges you face in your journey to an Office 365 Modern Workplace?
10.00 – 11.00 – Placing people at the heart of your digital transformation to Microsoft 365
It is people – the users – who determine whether the digital workplace really succeeds. The priority must be on driving business value through better collaboration, workforce mobility and improved customer satisfaction. How? By building IT around what your people need to deliver business outcomes
User adoption is a key factor in successfully deploying the Microsoft 365 toolkit, as people are at the heart of any technology transformation program. In this session we will explore best practice change management techniques and discuss practical solutions to putting the user first.
11.10 – 11.20 – Coffee Break
11.20 – 11.45 – The Office 365 stack – When to use what and what makes Microsoft Teams so special
Office 365 brings you a wide range of different apps that collectively form the ultimate productivity toolkit for your modern workplace. Learn how to integrate all of these apps using Microsoft Teams, bringing them all together in one place.
11.45 – 1.00
How to sustain your user adoption while automating governance controls for Office 365. With so many collaboration tools to choose from nowadays—Microsoft Teams, Office 365 Groups, SharePoint, Exchange, Yammer—how do we help users use the right tools in the right way ?
We shall discuss how to:
- Right-size how much governance might be needed for your Office 365 modern workplace.
- Improve user collaboration while ensuring good governance in your modern workplace.
- Leverage Office 365’s native capabilities to deliver automated day-to-day self-service to your employees.
- Prevent Microsoft Teams sprawl; remove any Shadow IT that has little to no privacy settings in place; manage proactively guest access and life-cycle, retention and expiration for documents and workspaces.
- Automate employee on/off-boarding easier
1.00 – 1.40 lunch
1.40 - 3.30 Planning your Office 365 collaboration migration - find out what’s involved. Andy and Tony will explain what is involved in a migration to a Microsoft Teams First workplace.
Part One: Moving from Skype to Microsoft Teams for chat and collaboration
- Understanding the building blocks of Teams
- Upgrading from Skype for Business
- What’s new in the feature roadmap
- Factors that can impact a successful adoption – Experience from the field
Part Two: SharePoint, the data backbone to Microsoft Teams
- How to approach moving to SharePoint and OneDrive – either on-line or Hybrid
- Elements of your current estate to consider when planning the transformation
- How to approach and plan the migration of information
- Example of a real-world migration at scale
3.30 – Conclusions and key takeaways from the workshop