As traditional methods of communication are eclipsed by the age of social media and smartphones, governments must adapt to avoid getting left behind. To this end, Microsoft’s CityNext program is helping cities embrace modern technology and devices to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and better serve constituents. As one of the first Microsoft partners to participate in CityNext, AvePoint Public Sector is also committed to providing solutions that allow cities to leverage new technology and become more proactive. With our Citizen Connect solutions, we’ve helped cities improve engagement with citizens, creating a two-way discussion via unified engagement systems:
But before you can adopt this approach, it’s important to understand:
- What exactly is a civic engagement system? How do you create one?
- What are the challenges associated with traditional public engagement models?
- How can unified engagement systems address those challenges?
To get the answers to these questions and more, access these free resources from Governing, Microsoft, and AvePoint:
- City Next: Citizens as Partners through Technology Driven Civic Engagement: In this this on-demand webinar, you’ll learn how to create a civic engagement system to modernize your agency’s citizen relationship.
- The Modern City: A Proactive Approach to Citizen Engagement: Download this issue brief to learn about how unified citizen engagement systems can be used to overcome challenges of traditional public engagement models.
For more information on our solutions for Microsoft CityNext, please visit our website.