AvePoint Media Contact
Tel: +1 201-201-8143
AvePoint Releases New Features to Enhance On-Premises, Cloud & Hybrid Microsoft SharePoint Environments with DocAve 6
Latest version of the award-winning DocAve Software Platform features new reporting, archiving, deployment, data protection, compliance, governance, and management capabilities
Jersey City, New Jersey — February 10, 2015 — AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today announced the general availability of DocAve 6 Service Pack (SP) 5. With this release, organizations will have access to new end-user, governance, and compliance reporting capabilities; content archiving and deployment management support for Microsoft Office 365 and hybrid environments; and enhanced data protection for virtual machine backups.
As a fully integrated platform, DocAve enables centralized or delegated management of SharePoint farms hosted on premises, or in private and public clouds such as Office 365 and Microsoft Azure. DocAve enables organizations to increase business productivity, reduce total cost of ownership, provide IT assurance, and enable security and compliance for business content.
New features available in DocAve 6 SP 5 include:
- End-User Reporting:DocAve Report Center includes new end-user reporting web parts, allowing easy access to information such as site traffic, search usage, active users, checked-out documents, and top documents in order to help business users make more informed decisions.
- Compliance and Governance Reporting: Usage Pattern Alerting for DocAve Report Center provides SharePoint administrators as well as security and compliance officers with new reports to quickly identify suspicious user activity in order to take actions that can help reduce the potential of data breaches.
- Office 365 Support for Records Management:DocAve Archiver now offers customized records management solutions for both on-premises and SharePoint Online deployments – including new features to retain a document’s original content types and metadata properties upon moving to Record Center sites as well as the ability for administrators to set automated conflict resolution rules when archiving content.
- Content Archiving Approval:Archiver Approval Center allows administrators to generate reports that empower end-users to review content before archiving takes place, allowing those closest to the content to determine whether or not it should be archived.
- Office 365 Support for Deployment Management:DocAve Deployment Manager now supports Office 365 as well as hybrid infrastructures, enabling organizations to quickly deploy customizations and design elements such as apps between SharePoint 2013 on-premises and SharePoint Online environments.
- Virtual Machine Backups:DocAve Backup and Restore combines its best-of-breed platform backup solution with new ability to protect virtualized elements such as web front end servers, Central Administration, and app servers.
“As organizations’ needs evolve, AvePoint continues to develop solutions that help our customers maximize the potential of their SharePoint Server and SharePoint Online deployments,” said George Petrou, Chief Technology Officer, AvePoint. “The new management, governance, and compliance features in DocAve 6 SP 5 allow our customers to better enable collaboration across their entire SharePoint environment.”
DocAve 6 SP 5 is generally available today, February 10, 2015. For more information on how DocAve 6 enables enterprise collaboration, please visit our website.
Collaborate with Confidence: AvePoint provides the most advanced platform to optimize SaaS operations and secure collaboration.
Over 17,000 customers worldwide rely on our solutions to modernize the digital workplace across Microsoft, Google, Salesforce and other collaboration environments.
AvePoint's global channel partner program includes over 3,500 managed service providers, value added resellers and systems integrators, with our solutions available in more than 100 cloud marketplaces. To learn more, visit https://www.avepoint.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.