Today marks the third day of TechEd North America, where we’ll focus on compliance and governance – two major business and technical challenges that the global technology community faces today.
In terms of compliance, it doesn’t matter if you’re a business user, compliance officer, or IT administrator: You have accountability over what content is created in your enterprise and who sees it.
Effective compliance strategies allow the business to thrive while still maintaining effective IT boundaries and controls. In order to prevent risk, these strategies must be easily standardized, monitored, and adopted throughout an organization. Especially considering that organizations must comply with a wide range of statutory, regulatory, and organization-specific requirements that fall into the following categories: accessibility, operational security/secure sensitive information, privacy, and site quality. At its very core, organizations must ensure that information is available and accessible to the people who should have it and protected from the people who should not.
At TechEd North America today, check out AvePoint’s compliance offerings:
· AvePoint Compliance Solutions: A universal translator allowing compliance officers, IT administrators, and business users to utilize the same automated system to receive information and assess their organization’s current state of compliance, in a language they can understand.
· AvePoint Compliance Guardian: Proactively protect SharePoint environments from harmful information leaks, contamination, or misuse while simultaneously ensuring that all activities and content residing in their environments are compliant, accessible, and manageable.
· Compliance Detector: An educational solution that can be utilized to report on accessibility, privacy, or site quality violations for any URL.
Oftentimes governance is a misunderstood term, and many organizations truly have no idea where to start. It’s safe to say that everyone believes having a well-governed SharePoint deployment is important, but before deploying the technology, planning is essential. To learn more about what goes into the planning, policies, technology implementation, and execution of proper SharePoint governance strategies, read our recent white paper – SharePoint Governance: A Definitive Guide – authored by renowned SharePoint thought leader Richard Harbridge, SharePoint MVP and AvePoint Chief Architect Jeremy Thake, and Director of AvePoint Client Services Randy Williams.
At TechEd North America, we’ll be highlighting the following products and solutions for ensuring successful SharePoint governance:
· DocAve 6: The foundation for SharePoint governance enforcement, helping organizations simplify and streamline the deployment, monitoring, and enforcement of SharePoint governance policies.
· DocAve Governance Automation: Provide SharePoint as a service to business users, encouraging the adoption of SharePoint by automating the way users provision, manage, and modify sites and permissions. Through an intuitive service catalog, which can be accessed from a browser-based management console or directly through SharePoint, Governance Automation helps to ensure all requests are fulfilled within established governance policies by providing a fully auditable business approval process.
· NEW! Policy Enforcer: Rapidly respond to unauthorized modifications in features, permissions, and settings. By continuously monitoring and taking action on your SharePoint environments, Policy Enforcer ensures that all actions and changes to your SharePoint environment fall within your organization’s defined governance policies. Policy Enforcer empowers organizations with complete control and unmatched governance enforcement.
If you’re at TechEd North America, stop by our booth – #2003 – and allow our subject matter experts to give you a deeper dive into our solutions for compliance and governance.