This month marks the tenth consecutive year that we have been a proud sponsor of Microsoft TechEd North America, which is Microsoft’s premier technology conference for IT professionals and developers. It’s hard to believe that a decade has passed since we first attended this event, at the time touting products for backup and restore as well as migration from SharePoint Portal Server 2001 to SharePoint Portal Server 2003.
AvePoint, SharePoint, and technology itself have evolved dramatically, now addressing trends including big data, cloud computing, mobile device management, and social networking. Building on that, how can you utilize SharePoint amidst your other enterprise technology investments as part of a comprehensive data management strategy?
Interoperability is a major trend in today’s multichannel landscape, and is helping to drive our focus of collaboration with confidence to the market. To that end, I’m proud to share what we unveiled to the market at TechEd North America, falling firmly within our mission to help enterprises collaborate with confidence through the prism of productivity, cloud computing, compliance, and governance:
· Productivity: Enable collaboration with confidence even at the end points of collaboration with AvePoint’s SharePoint 2013 and Windows 8 apps, including new apps for Microsoft Dynamics CRM. In fact, our Windows 8 app AvePoint Timeline was just named by Redmond Magazine as one of the 40 killer Windows Store apps for Microsoft partners.
· Cloud Computing: Powerful backup, administration, and management capabilities for cloud, hybrid, and on-premises deployments. AvePoint has become a master of the hybrid, supporting our customers running SharePoint 100% on-premise, 100% in the Cloud (Office 365 in multi-tenant mode, or Azure or Amazon in dedicated hosting mode), or any combination of deployment scenarios. The future will be hybrid for a long time, so whether it means supporting across deployment locations or across any number of geographically dispersed environments, AvePoint provides a scalable, hybrid-enabled, global roll-up management approach.
· Compliance & Governance: Visit our website to learn more about our latest features and products to ensure information is available to those who should have access, and protected from those who should not. Two new notable additions from AvePoint include Compliance Detector, our latest community educational solution allowing anyone to scan websites for free in order to report on a variety of guidelines for accessibility and privacy; and Policy Enforcer, allowing our customers to not only report but also enforce best practice policies and rules in real-time against their SharePoint deployments.
It’s evident that our evolution is also aligning closely with the vision of Microsoft and that of our customers and partners. At TechEd North America, our flagship management platform for SharePoint governance, DocAve 6, won Best of TechEd in the SharePoint category – the second time in our company’s history that we’ve won this prestigious award.
In addition, AvePoint was also named a finalist in not one, but three 2013 Microsoft Partner of the Year Awards, amidst more than 3,000 entries collected from more than 100 countries. Each partner nomination judged blindly three times from a panel of more than 600 Microsoft subject matter experts, so it’s a great honor for AvePoint to have been named finalists in the following categories:
· Collaboration and Content Partner of the Year
· Office/SharePoint App Developer Partner of the Year
· Public Sector Partner of the Year – Public Safety/National Security
This broad recognition truly demonstrates AvePoint’s breadth and depth of support in our ever growing eco-system.
Lastly, at the very beginning of June, we were honored with being named Best Collaboration Solution in the 2013 GOVTek Executive Government Technology Awards, commissioned by the Government Technology Research Alliance, which honors industry leaders whose vision, innovation, and remarkable accomplishments improved the way government delivers services, interacts with citizens, shares information, and protects its national assets.
All of this is showing us that collaborating with confidence, ensuring that enterprises have solutions that can stitch together all of their enterprise technology investments to ensure they are increasing productivity while ensuring data security, is resonating with our customers and partners. It’s also a testament to the core values that have been the bedrock of our company since we first opened our doors in 2001 – passion, drive for excellence, teamwork, and innovation – that have armed us with the ability to continue meeting the needs of our customers and partners, a need that stretches across products, regions, and industry verticals.
It’s been an extremely busy and exciting past month for us here at AvePoint, but stay tuned for even more product and solution updates that will continue to help organizations worldwide collaborate with confidence. The best is indeed yet to come!