New year, new Office 365 events!
Was one of your resolutions to improve your knowledge of the different apps on the platform? If so, we’ve got you covered. We’re kicking off 2020 with a brand new SharePoint Saturday in Virginia Beach and two exciting Microsoft Teams-related webinars. These are all great resources to learn more about the Office 365 platform.
Without further ado, let’s jump into the specifics of each of these events!
SharePoint Saturday Virginia Beach. January 11, 8:00 am EST.
SharePoint Saturday, Virginia Beach is a full day of awesome SharePoint and Office 365 training that is free and open to the public. This event will sell out, so be sure to register to reserve your spot. Spread the word to all your SharePoint buddies!
SharePoint and Office 365 administrators, end users, architects, developers, and other professionals that work with Microsoft SharePoint and Office 365 Technologies will meet for the 10th SPS Events Va Beach event on Jan 11th, 2020 at the Va Beach Advanced Technology Center located at 1800 College Crescent, Va Beach, Va. SPSVB is the home of the first SharePoint Saturday and we are known for kicking off the SPS season so is THE place to be!
Cloud Governance Now Available As Microsoft Teams App. January 22nd, 11:00 am EST.
Many of the organizations that we work with have experienced challenges when deploying Microsoft Teams across their organization. Among other things, we frequently see scenarios such as:
1. Organizations that turn on the application with insufficient planning for governance.
2. Teams sprawl due to a lack of user understanding resulting in too many workspaces to manage with existing resources.
At the core, Cloud Governance is a solution to both of those obstacles and so much more. Effectively manage sprawl by automating the provisioning, management, and lifecycle of teams, sites, groups, and more. Join AvePoint Strategic Consultant Wendy Henry and learn how to encourage and embrace adoption by utilizing everything Cloud Governance has to offer.
Save $ by Migrating More Workloads to O365! January 28th, 11:00 am EST.
Migrate to Office 365 & Save Money!
The extensibility of the Office 365 platform means you can deliver more for less, BUT only if you can identify, migrate and remove redundant workloads.
Get rid of the extra license cost, lower the burden of supporting multiple applications, and simplify life for your users. It’s a win, win…win.
Join our expert, Hunter Willis, as he walks you through how to get from Application A to Application B and deliver savings and free up budget for your organization.
This includes the unauthorized use of applications or “shadow IT” that can pose a risk to the security of your company’s data.
Sign up for our webinar today to deliver more value to your business while saving money!
From Take-Off to Landing: 6 Steps to a Successful Microsoft Teams Pilot. January 29th, 11:00 am EST.
Your journey to Microsoft Teams can be turbulence-free with the right planning.
However, organizations need to be sure they have a formal framework with checkpoints in place. If not, your pilot can slowly turn into production or stall without the necessary course corrections you need to scale and soar to new heights.
- Examining the licensing and tech foundation you will need to start your pilot
- Decision points on provisioning, management and lifecycle of your Teams
- How to evaluate and set up the right level of data protection and retention
- Optimizing your external sharing and administration set-up
- Setting key success criteria and timeline for your pilot
- Who to work with during your pilot
- How to measure performance and course correct in real time
- What key behaviors to look for
- Building the case for scaling your pilot to production
- Avoiding empty deployments and how to customize to each department
- Establish & execute sustainable adoption plan to ensure lasting buy-in
Come See Us at Microsoft Ignite the Tour! February 6-7th
Microsoft Ignite The Tour brings the very best of Microsoft Ignite to a city near you. The tour provides technical training led by Microsoft experts and your community. You’ll learn new ways to build solutions, migrate and manage infrastructure, and connect with local industry leaders and peers. If you’re attending, be sure to come by the AvePoint booth and speak to our product experts face-to-face!