AvePoint Media Contact
Tel: +1 201-201-8143
New AvePoint Online Services Release Enables Organizations to Provide End-to-End Service for Microsoft Office 365 Users
Latest AvePoint Online Services release features dynamic object registration and new partner portal to enhance overall platform experience, as well as extensive individual product feature updates
Jersey City, New Jersey — August 23, 2016 — AvePoint, the Microsoft Cloud expert, today announced the general availability of the latest release of AvePoint Online Services, AvePoint’s 100 percent Microsoft Azure-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for Office 365 and Salesforce CRM. The new release creates a faster and more streamlined onboarding experience between all platform solutions – including DocAve Online, AvePoint Compliance Guardian Online, DocAve Governance Automation Online, File Share Navigator Online, and DocAve Backup for Salesforce.
Five million cloud users worldwide rely on AvePoint Online Services to make the transition to Office 365 and Azure easier, quicker, and smarter with tools to enhance data management and protection. Additionally, managed service providers around the world utilize AvePoint Online Services to deliver enterprise-class Office 365 services to customers in the small and medium-sized business space. Through regular monthly updates, AvePoint Online Services customers and partners experience rapid product enhancements to take advantage of the latest features in the Microsoft Cloud.
AvePoint Online Service Platform Updates
The latest enhancements to the AvePoint Online Services platform offer a more seamless Office 365 management experience for both customers and AvePoint partners:
- Enhanced Integration with Office 365 Objects: Through dynamic object registration, AvePoint Online Services administrators can use a simple rules engine to define criteria-based containers of Office 365 objects – such as “high business impact” Exchange Online mailboxes, OneDrive for Business, and SharePoint Online sites – and assign automated functions including backup plans as well as compliance and archiving rules across all platforms. This creates a more seamless experience when managing and protecting Office 365 technologies with AvePoint solutions.
- New Portal for Managed Service Providers: With the introduction of AvePoint Online Services for Partners, AvePoint partners who provide managed services for Office 365 and Salesforce customers can better manage their clients’ deployments using AvePoint Online Services solutions. The portal provides a single pane of glass for partners to manage all of their customers, alleviating the challenges of multiple logins and strengthening the services provided by AvePoint and its partners.
Individual Product Updates
Along with platform enhancements, AvePoint Online Services solutions for Office 365 and Salesforce have been updated with new features and improvements:
- Office 365 Management: With simpliﬁed Oﬃce 365 administration, content, and security management, DocAve Online enables organizations to efficiently manage their cloud computing operations and proactively respond to evolving business requirements. The latest release of DocAve Online features improved capabilities for archiving and managing SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business add-ins and associated data – including the ability to recover add-ins during site restoration from an archive.
- Office 365 Governance: DocAve Governance Automation Online empowers users with self-service IT resources for provisioning as well as content lifecycle and permissions management. The latest release enables administrators to proactively govern Office 365 external sharing and allows for Yammer groups to be provisioned and embedded within SharePoint Online sites.
- SharePoint Online File Share Presentation: AvePoint File Share Navigator Online removes the barriers to seamless global collaboration by consolidating enterprise-wide access to on-premises file share content via SharePoint Online. The latest release introduces co-authoring for content stored in organizational file shares by allowing multiple users to edit an individual document from within Office Online apps through File Share Navigator Online – avoiding duplication and the need for users to create new local files.
- Salesforce Backup: DocAve Backup for Salesforce protects CRM data with comprehensive, automatic backups and the ability to restore data from an entire platform down to a single record with the click of a button. The latest release of DocAve Backup for Salesforce introduces out-of-place restore, which allows users to restore content to any other Salesforce instance that is connected to the AvePoint Online Services tenant. This can help administrators merge separate Salesforce instances or restore content from a production environment to a sandbox environment to test customizations based on real data.
“As more organizations shift to the cloud and Microsoft continues to evolve its Office 365 offering, AvePoint works alongside to ensure both managed service partners and customers can use powerful new features to their fullest capacity,” said John Peluso, Senior Vice President of Product Strategy, AvePoint. “With the latest release of AvePoint Online Services, businesses can take advantage of new Office 365 features while still providing best-in-class management and protection of their cloud assets.”
The latest release of AvePoint Online Services is generally available today, August 23, 2016. For more information on the platform and product features, please visit our website.
AvePoint is the Microsoft Cloud expert. Over 15,000 companies and 9 million cloud users worldwide trust AvePoint to accelerate the migration, management, and protection of their Office 365 and SharePoint data. AvePoint’s integrated cloud, hybrid, and on-premises software solutions are enhanced by 24/7 support and award-winning services. Organisations across six continents and all industries rely on AvePoint to ease transition to the Microsoft Cloud, increase IT administrator productivity, and satisfy governance and compliance objectives.
A three-time Microsoft Partner of the Year, AvePoint has been named to the Inc. 500|5000 six times and the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™ five times. AvePoint is a Microsoft Global ISV Partner, a Microsoft Gold Partner in Application Development, Cloud Platform, Cloud Productivity, and Collaboration and Content, and a US Government GSA provider via strategic partnerships. Founded in 2001 and headquartered in Jersey City, NJ, AvePoint is privately held and backed by Goldman Sachs.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.