AvePoint Media Contact
Tel: +1 201-201-8143
AvePoint Enhances User Experience with New Release of AvePoint Online Services for Microsoft Office 365
The latest AvePoint Online Services release features new integration with Microsoft Azure technologies and the Office 365 add-in model, increasing ease-of-use and simplifying access to IT service requests
Jersey City, New Jersey — August 25, 2015 — AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today announced the general availability of the latest release of AvePoint Online Services. AvePoint Online Services is the industry’s first and only 100 percent Microsoft Azure-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) platform for Office 365, which makes the transition to Office 365 and Microsoft Azure easier, quicker, and smarter, and is trusted by more than 3 million users worldwide.
With updates to the entire AvePoint Online Services platform as well as new features for DocAve Governance Automation Online, AvePoint removes on-boarding roadblocks, transforms business processes, and helps you gain control of an organization’s data by offering Office 365 administration, compliance, data governance, and file share presentation solutions.
Improved Ease-of-Use through Azure Technologies
Through integration with Azure Active Directory (AD) and SQL Azure Database, AvePoint Online Services now offers simplified platform access and scalability. New features include:
- Single Sign On: Users can now sign in to AvePoint Online Services using their Office 365 login credentials – with identities managed through Azure AD – for simplified and secure access with Multifactor Authentication (MFA) and geo-fencing capabilities.
- Scale Storage for Office 365 Reporting: As organizations utilize AvePoint Online Services for SharePoint Online auditing and reporting, new SQL Azure Database support allows easy implementation of additional cloud storage to extend reporting capacity according to business needs.
Seamless Service Requests and Enhanced Insights for Simplified Governance
Utilizing Office 365 add-ins to integrate service requests and critical site information directly within the SharePoint Online interface, DocAve Governance Automation Online gives business users easy access to IT resources while ensuring governance policies are met. New features include:
- Access Site Information and Make Service Requests: Through the Site Information Card add-in, users can gain insight into site ownership, purpose, and associated metadata while making requests for provisioning, moving content, as well as lifecycle and permissions management directly within the SharePoint Online interface.
- Easily Track Service Requests: Through the DocAve Governance Automation Online add-in, users can track the status of open tasks and submitted requests from within SharePoint Online.
- Deploy Sites with Custom Templates to the Cloud: By integrating DocAve Governance Automation Online with DocAve Online Deployment Manager, administrators can enable users to request provisioned sites with custom templates based on specific business needs to be automatically deployed to Office 365 environments.
“One of the major benefits of the cloud is simplifying IT operations to focus more on the needs of business users,” said George Petrou, Chief Technical Officer, AvePoint. “With the latest release of AvePoint Online Services, administrators can easily access and scale the tools they need for Office 365 management while boosting user productivity and ensuring organizational governance policies are met through automated service requests and insights available within the SharePoint Online interface.”
To further align AvePoint with Microsoft Azure datacenters globally, AvePoint Online Services was recently integrated with Microsoft Azure Government. With this integration, AvePoint Public Sector joined Microsoft’s government community cloud platform for U.S. state, local, and federal government agencies, which presents best-in-class partner services such as compute resources, storage, data, networking, and applications – all hosted in Microsoft datacenters located within the U.S. and managed by cleared U.S. personnel.
The latest release of AvePoint Online Services is generally available today, August 18, 2015. For more information on the platform and product features, please visit our website.
AvePoint accelerates your digital transformation success. Over 16,000 companies and 9 million SharePoint and Office 365 users worldwide trust AvePoint software and services for their data migration, management, and protection needs in the cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.