AvePoint Media Contact
Tel: +1 201-201-8143
AvePoint Unveils Service to Discover and Classify Unstructured Data at RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan 2015
AvePoint File Analysis Services allow organisations to reduce risk of information breaches by making more informed decisions regarding which data to keep and remove
Singapore — July 21, 2015 — From the halls of the RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan 2015, AvePoint, the established leader in enabling enterprise collaboration across platforms and devices, today introduced AvePoint File Analysis Services to reduce the risk of privacy or sensitive information breaches by increasing visibility into an organisation’s unstructured data.
By discovering, mapping, and classifying the unstructured data – especially within file shares – organisations can make more informed decisions regarding which data to keep and remove. This way, the use of existing storage repositories and the transition to new collaboration platforms are optimised. With AvePoint File Analysis Services, organisations can identify which ﬁles reside where and who has access to them.
“In today’s marketplace where almost every employee is a content contributor, security oﬃcers are concerned with the lack of control and limited visibility throughout ﬁle shares as well as the dark data that lies within,” said Dana Simberkoff, Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, AvePoint. “With AvePoint File Analysis Services, organisations no longer have to wonder what information they have in existing repositories and leave themselves open to the risk of information breaches or privacy violations.”
With AvePoint File Analysis for file shares, organisations can address the following needs:
- Data Discovery: Find out where data resides, identify existing privacy violations or information security risks, and determine who has permissions and has accessed content over time.
- Data Tagging and Classification: Build data classification and taxonomy rules, enforce classification rules automatically, and identify and resolve inconsistencies between user-created and automated metadata.
- Data Protection and Retention: Encrypt or redact sensitive information based on compliance rules, mark content as irrelevant or stale, and archive records to alternative locations with retention schedules.
- Data Cleanup and Consolidation: Identify and eliminate duplicate copies of files, destroy old files and sensitive information based on business requirements, and move content to proper locations to simplify migrations.
- Compliant Migration: Granularly select content and migrate to target locations on file systems or other systems – including Microsoft SharePoint, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business. Organisations can also freeze data for legal hold after completing migrations.
Visit AvePoint at Booth E18 for the Latest Data Protection Solutions
As an exhibitor of at the event, AvePoint will also showcase the latest products and solutions for compliance, privacy, and risk management at RSA Conference Asia Pacific & Japan 2015. Attendees can stop by Booth E18 to meet subject matter experts as well as receive live demonstrations of AvePoint’s latest solutions, including:
Compliance Guardian:AvePoint Compliance Guardian provides a full Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) platform to mitigate privacy, information security, and compliance risk across information gateways, including file shares, SharePoint, and Office 365.
Compliance Guardian Online:Compliance Guardian Online, part of AvePoint Online Services – used by three million Office 365 users today – ensures that web applications, websites, and cloud platforms offer content and information securely to minimise risk of privacy violations, malicious threats, or unintended data leakage.
AvePoint Risk Intelligence System (ARIS):AvePoint Risk Intelligence System (ARIS) allows organisations to address the complete lifecycle of risk across the enterprise. Leveraging the templates and question banks created for APIA, ARIS extends risk identification to provide meaningful action to assessments, including quantifying, lowering, and monitoring instances.
For more information on AvePoint and all of its data loss prevention offerings, please visit our website.
AvePoint accelerates your digital transformation success. Over 16,000 companies and 9 million SharePoint and Office 365 users worldwide trust AvePoint software and services for their data migration, management, and protection needs in the cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
Alle hierin genannten Produkt- und Firmennamen können eingetragene Marken ihrer jeweiligen Eigentümer sein.