The goal of the Office for Standards in Education, Children’s Services and Skills (Ofsted) is to achieve excellence in education and skills for learners of all ages, and in the care of children and young people. It employs 2000 staff and every week, they carry out hundreds of inspections and regulatory visits throughout England, collaborating together on the results.
Privacy and data security was a top concern at Ofsted given the nature of their work, so while they wanted an open and collaborative platform they also wanted governance controls.
Join Ofsted as they share their Office 365 journey from how they created strong governance policies and applied them proactively to increasing Office 365 adoption while making their data more secure.
They will present:
- How to create strong governance policies and apply them proactively, enforce them and make them real for Ofsted users
- Who should be able to provision and create Office 365 and SharePoint sites
- Managing access and ownership of collaborative applications like SharePoint Online and Office 365
- What the retention policy looked like, such as including, saving, archiving and deleting data and workspaces.
- Determining which applications and services Ofsted users should be allowed to use.
- Structuring and enforcing properties and naming conventions