Episode 64: How to Embrace Technology for Digital Workplace Success
In today's rapidly evolving business landscape, digital workplace transformation has become a critical factor for success. To delve deeper into this topic, we had the privilege of sitting down with Keshav Puttaswamy, an expert from Microsoft, who shared valuable insights and practical strategies for embracing technology and driving success in the digital workplace. In this blog post, we'll explore the key takeaways from our conversation, highlighting the importance of AI, communication, change management, stakeholder buy-in, and the ongoing nature of digital transformation.
- The Power of AI in Simplifying Work Processes: Keshav emphasized the transformative potential of AI in simplifying work processes within the digital workplace. By leveraging tools like Co-Pilot, which can write messages for you, and Viva Engage, a platform for communication and engagement, organizations can enhance productivity and streamline operations. AI-driven capabilities not only automate repetitive tasks but also provide valuable insights and assistance, enabling employees to focus on higher-value work.
- Navigating Change: Start Small and Validate: To ensure a successful digital transformation journey, Keshav suggested starting small and validating changes before scaling up. Microsoft follows a phased approach, introducing changes to a small group of champions within the organization. These champions act as change agents and provide valuable feedback. By testing and refining strategies with a smaller audience, organizations can minimize disruptions and optimize the adoption of new technologies.
- The Role of Communication and Collaboration Tools: Effective communication and collaboration are pivotal in driving digital workplace success. Keshav highlighted the significance of tools like Viva Connections, which help organize content and provide a centralized platform for employees. Such tools foster engagement, knowledge sharing, and collaboration, enabling teams to work seamlessly across geographical boundaries and enhance productivity.
- Champions and Engagement Rings: Empowering Change Agents: Keshav emphasized the importance of cultivating a community of champions within the organization. These champions, often early adopters of new technologies, play a crucial role in driving change and encouraging adoption among their peers. Microsoft's approach involves engaging champions at different stages of the transformation process, allowing for localized support, feedback, and a smooth transition across the organization.
- Stakeholder Buy-in: Aligning Goals for Success: For a successful digital transformation, stakeholder buy-in and alignment are essential. Keshav emphasized the need to clearly communicate the benefits and goals of the transformation to stakeholders. It's crucial to demonstrate how technology adoption aligns with the organization's broader objectives and drives tangible business value. This alignment ensures ongoing support, even during challenging phases of the transformation journey.
- Digital Transformation as a Journey, Not a Destination: Keshav highlighted the need to view digital transformation as an ongoing journey rather than a one-time destination. In the ever-evolving digital landscape, organizations must invest in frameworks and processes that enable continuous adaptation and evolution. By leveraging established mechanisms, such as engagement rings, elite users, and champion communities, organizations can iterate and adapt to new changes as they arise.
Embracing technology and driving success in the digital workplace require a strategic approach that encompasses AI adoption, effective communication, change management, stakeholder buy-in, and a mindset of continuous improvement. By implementing practical strategies, organizations can navigate the complexities of digital transformation and position themselves for long-term success. With the insights shared by Keshav, businesses can foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and agility, ensuring they remain competitive and thrive in the dynamic digital landscape.
- Episode 65
- Episode 63
- Episode 61
- Episode 59
- Episode 57
- Episode 55
The 2023 #shifthappens Conference is back, live and in-person! Registration is free but spots are still
Sign up today so you don’t miss out on the future of the digital workplace!