Welcome to the latest edition of our AvePoint Community Collaboration Ambassador Spotlight series! Each month, we’re highlighting a different member of the Community who has reached the Collaboration Ambassador level, allowing you to get to know our members, learn highlights from their careers, and get their own personal tips for enterprise collaboration success.
This month we’re highlighting Collaboration Ambassador Dennis Coplen. Find out more about Dennis and his work in the collaboration technology space below.
Want to earn your status as a Collaboration Ambassador to be spotlighted and gain other special privileges? Read this post to find out how!
1. How long have you worked with collaboration technology and where did you get your start?
Since the original Office add-on in 1996, and I have been working with SharePoint since 2001. I started at Seattle Children’s Hospital.
2. What do you like best about the collaboration technology community?
The community is always ready to help. People are really unselfish.
3. What are some of the key challenges your organization has overcome when it comes to collaboration?
External user security accessing on-premises assets. Also, Office O365 SharePoint User Profile attributes.
4. What is the best advice you’ve received in your career thus far?
“Bad planning on your part DOES NOT equate to an emergency on my part…unless your
title starts with ‘Chief’ or ‘Owner’.”
5. What is one fun fact about yourself that you’d like to share with the other members of the AvePoint Community?
I’m an avid Porsche fan.