1. Collection of Personal Information from Site Users; Cookies. AvePoint may collect and/or track using proprietary or third-party solution (1) the home server domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of Web browser of users to the Site, (2) the e-mail addresses of users that communicate with AvePoint or the Site via e-mail, (3) information knowingly provided by the user in online forms, registration forms, surveys, etc. (including name, address, e-mail and other personal profile data), and (4) aggregate and user-specific information on which pages users access.
When a user performs a search within the Site, AvePoint may record information identifying the user or linking the user to the search performed. AvePoint may also record limited information associated with every search request made by the user and use that information to, among other things, solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected. AvePoint may use personal data it collects for editorial and feedback purposes, for marketing and promotional purposes, for a statistical analysis of users’ behavior, for product development, for content improvement, or to customize the content and layout of the Site. Aggregate data on users’ home servers may be used for internal purposes such as researching and identifying market segments and needs. AvePoint will not sell or disclose to third parties any individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which users voluntarily provide to AvePoint, except to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws or valid legal processes, to protect the rights and intellectual property of AvePoint, or in urgent circumstances to protect AvePoint or the personal safety of any individual. AvePoint reserves the right to transfer such information to successors to the relevant portion of AvePoint’s business.
3. Security Measures. AvePoint may implement security features to prevent the unauthorized release of or access to personal information. Please note, however, that AvePoint cannot guarantee the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from AvePoint via the Site or e-mail. Accordingly, AvePoint is not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. For more private communication, users can contact AvePoint by telephone at the main office and direct line telephone numbers provided below.
4. Opt-Out Right. Users may at any time opt out of having their personal information used by AvePoint to send promotional correspondence to the user, by contacting AvePoint via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone as indicated below. AvePoint will not share your personally identifiable information with an unrelated third-party without giving you the opportunity to opt-in.
5. Access to and Ability to Correct Personal Data. Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, AvePoint will provide to users a summary of any personally identifiable information retained by AvePoint regarding the user. Users may modify, correct, change or update personally identifiable information that AvePoint has collected by the Site or may request their personal record to be removed from AvePoint’s database by contacting AvePoint via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone as indicated below.
6. Collection of Personal Data from Children. AvePoint does not knowingly solicit information from children and it does not knowingly market the Site or its products or services to children. This Site is primarily designed for professional and business users. To the extent that AvePoint is able to determine the age of users by their submissions to, or communications with, the Site, AvePoint will not knowingly (a) collect or post information from individuals under sixteen years of age (“Children” or “Child”) without their parent’s or guardian’s consent, or (b) provide any personally identifying information collected from Children, regardless of its source, to any third-party for any purpose whatsoever.
7. Links to Other Sites. The Site may contain links to other Internet web sites, including AvePoint partners and resellers. However, AvePoint does not endorse, and is not responsible for, the privacy practices or the content of these web sites, including product information. You should review these policies in connection with your use of such third-party sites.
8. Protection of Collected Personal Information. AvePoint has established reasonable precautions to protect collected personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction, which include technical, contractual, administrative and physical steps. Please note that while AvePoint has endeavored to create a secure and reliable site for users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from AvePoint via the Site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed.
10. Jurisdiction. This policy shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without regard to conflicts of law rules, and the exclusive jurisdiction and venue for any dispute shall be the Commonwealth of Virginia.
11. Contact Information. Questions or concerns regarding AvePoint data protections practices should be addressed to:
AvePoint, Inc., Attention: Marketing Department, Harborside Financial Center, Plaza 10. 3 Second Street, 9th Floor Jersey City, NJ 07311
Telephone: 201-793-1111 E-mail: email@example.com