AVEPOINT’S SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR SHAREPOINT
We get it! You’re understaffed, overworked,
and your Microsoft SharePoint environment grows every year.
It’s difficult to gain complete visibility and control of on-premises deployments, and the stress of adding
hybrid management to the mix has you lost in the SharePoint jungle.
But you have a job to do!
Our definitive SURVIVAL GUIDE FOR SHAREPOINT is designed to alleviate those fears
and teach you how to not only SURVIVE, but THRIVE in the next era of SharePoint.
ASSESSING MY SHAREPOINT
SharePoint survival begins with assessing the state of your existing environment
and identifying potential problems you may not be aware of.
Every disoriented administrator asks the same questions:
- How do I report on my SharePoint deployment and what goes on within it?
- What are Microsoft’s best practices for managing SharePoint? Are we violating them?
- Can I diagnose any problems with permissions, configurations, and performance on my own?
- What about risk and compliance? How can I tell if we’re storing sensitive data in the wrong place and giving access to the wrong people?
Our SURVIVAL GUIDE shows you how easy it is to assess your SharePoint deployment
– regardless of on-premises, hybrid, or Office 365-hosted deployments.
FIXING MY SHAREPOINT
Once you’ve identified all of your SharePoint issues, it’s time for the fun part –
fixing SharePoint – whether on-premises, hybrid, or Office 365-hosted deployments.
Every stressed SharePoint administrator asks the same questions:
- How can I start to fix the havoc caused by elevated permissions?
- Does my site structure still make sense for our current business objectives?
- How am I supposed to manage my SharePoint configurations, customizations, and solutions throughout ALL the various stages of deployment?
- What do I do with stale, unused, and unnecessary data that is causing performance to degrade & search to be slow?
Our SURVIVAL GUIDE will show you how to easily control permissions,
restructure and reconfigure your deployment,
as well as clean up and optimize storage.
As a fully integrated platform, DocAve enables centralised or delegated management of SharePoint farms hosted on premises, or in private and public clouds such as Microsoft Office 365 and Microsoft Azure.
AvePoint’s Infrastructure Management solution provides you with complete control over performance and stability, information architecture, and data security, all in a single platform.
ENFORCING SHAREPOINT POLICIES
Now that you’ve corrected all of your issues, have your SharePoint running the way you want it, and on
the right path – how can you ENFORCE your policies to make sure you don’t get lost in the SharePoint
Typical questions you must think about:
- How do I enforce the changes I just made to fix my SharePoint throughout ALL the various stages of deployment?
- Can I even monitor and detect unauthorized changes to my policies, permissions, and configurations?
- Can I really control EVERY aspect of how SharePoint is managed by my team and end users?
- How can I regulate what people do, what they say, or what they upload within SharePoint?
- Do I have the right resources to prevent losing control again?
Our SURVIVAL GUIDE for SharePoint governance enforcement
will show you a proactive approach to stay ahead of problems
and empower you with complete control
across all of your on-premises, hybrid, or Office 365-hosted deployments.
No gimmicks. Just a simple guide to SURVIVE SharePoint governance.
AUTOMATING MY SERVICES
So, you’ve FIXED all of your problems.
You’ve made sure that your changes and policies are ENFORCED.
Now it’s time to AUTOMATE the repetitive and time-consuming processes
involved with managing your SharePoint deployments.
Sounds great, right? But what does that mean?
How would you like to:
- Get end users the resources they need quickly by providing clear direction about what services are available and how to use them?
- Offer an out-of-the-box service catalog for your users to choose from?
- Fulfill requests for provisioning, administration, security, content and lifecycle management changes without having to burden IT?
- Automatically tag, classify, and apply retention policies from creation of documents to site collections?
Our SURVIVE GUIDE will show you how you make your life easier
and get back to focusing on more strategic, higher-value operations
by automating the steps involved in configuring, managing, and
enforcing SharePoint governance and compliance policies.
You’re almost there!
You’ve FIXED everything, ENFORCED your policies, and even AUTOMATED your services.
What’s next? The hardest part…getting your end users on board!
Hindrances like floods of irrelevant search results, sifting through emails for attachments, switching
interfaces for external sharing, and time-intensive organizational meetings only serve to slow your
information workers down – causing them to give up on SharePoint.
Every SharePoint admin and IT department face the same dilemmas:
- How can I get my end users to truly adopt and voluntarily use SharePoint?
- What do I need to do to make SharePoint so simple that my end users won’t circumvent the platform and use unauthorized applications to get their job done?
- Can I securely extend SharePoint’s functionality to meet the demands of my end users like external sharing and seamless integration with other applications?
- How can I show that my staff and I are driving productivity through our efforts and that we’re maximizing the value of our SharePoint investments?
For IT departments and business units alike, significantly reduced
workflow interruptions means a more productive, and happier workforce.
Our SURVIVE GUIDE will show you how to meet the demands of your end users by extending SharePoint capabilities, and eliminate organizational inefficiency so you work smarter, not harder.