Hey y’all! Dux Raymond Sy here for AvePoint. One major concern I hear from organizations looking to make a move to Office 365 is adoption. Will my users buy in? How can I help ensure that they do? Well I’ll be addressing exactly this with this post and in more depth during a webinar on Feb. 7 at noon with a new webinar: “How to Accelerate Your Office 365 Migration & Success in 2018”.
Instituting new technology platforms to improve your business or organization can be a big decision. There are a variety of factors that could influence you on where to start, but one major truth is clear: user buy-in is critical to the efficacy of implementing your new platform.
Office 365 is no exception. There’s no point in implementing something that your users won’t use and it’s the goal of this post to help you better understand how to secure user adoption and some factors as to why it doesn’t always stick.
Determine Objectives for Office 365 Adoption
First, consider your objectives of your sustainable adoption.
- Minimize the negative impact of making technology changes
- Promote the adoption of new systems and solutions
- Provide users with the resources they need to be successful
- Encourage an organization culture that embraces ongoing evolution
Next, develop your strategy. There are four steps to drive sustainable adoption that I like to recommend.
- Make it easier to move: Changes in technology will be met with resistance from some in your environment. Let’s face it. It’s human nature to take the path of least resistance or to rely on what has been proven to work. Because of this, make it as easy as possible for your users to make the change
- Proactively enforce governance: Proactive governance of your environment can make it impossible for users to take certain actions that you don’t want them to take. People are the number one risk when it comes to IT security. This isn’t due to malice necessarily, but a lack of understanding or simply making mistakes. Take these decisions out of your users hands with a proper governance solution.
- Effectively manage Office 365: Management of your environment is another extremely important component to consider.
- Consistently report and audit: Regular auditing and reporting is crucial to ensure that adoption is sticking and that your governance solutions are doing their job.
For more information on Office 365 migration, be sure to check out our webinar: “How to Accelerate Your Office 365 Migration & Success in 2018”