As Microsoft Ignite winds down, we’ve gained plenty of insight into the future of Microsoft Office 365 and SharePoint. It’s clear that whether you’re on-premises or in the cloud, these two products are here to stay. It goes without saying that Office 365 is core to realizing unprecedented productivity and cross-team collaboration while limiting costs and gaining control. The talk of Ignite has been focused so far on how you get there, and how you make the productivity benefits of the cloud a reality.
We had a slew of exciting announcements early this week at Ignite on continued success and work with Microsoft on expanding the use of Microsoft Office 365 and Azure worldwide. On Monday, we announced a brand-new partnership with the exclusive operator of localized Microsoft Office 365 and Azure services in China. As part of the deal, 21Vianet Group, Inc. will market, resell, and service a localized version of AvePoint Online Services. To give you a sense of the scale, there are more than 35,000 customers using Office 365 in China today. It’s a vibrant market that will only continue to grow, and we’re excited to keep on working closely with Microsoft and regional partners to expand the use of Microsoft cloud technologies.
On Tuesday, in conjunction with Microsoft’s release of a new SharePoint Online Migration API that helps you quickly move to Office 365, we unveiled new solutions for simplifying Office 365 onboarding, responsible data management, and intelligent archiving.
By integrating with Microsoft’s powerful Azure technologies, we can intelligently move you to Office 365, and we can do it faster than ever. We were excited to announce our latest Office 365 customer success story with IOZ, performing a full-fidelity, granular migration from SharePoint 2010 directly to Office 365 – SharePoint Online, helping the company reduce the amount of data it needed to store in SharePoint Online by 75 percent.
Migration is important, of course, but it’s really only half the battle. Once you’re in the cloud, what do you do? That’s where AvePoint and Microsoft come in to help.
Already supporting 3 million users and backing up more than one petabyte of data (and counting), AvePoint Online Services is the industry’s first and only 100 percent Azure-based Software-as-a-Service platform for Office 365. To that end, there are three steps you can take with the help of AvePoint and Microsoft to optimize Office 365 and Azure:
- Simplify Office 365 Onboarding: Improve productivity in the cloud by minimizing disruptions during the onboarding process, uncluttering information for users, and automating business processes to allow more effective collaboration.
- Manage Data Responsibly: Gain control of company data and easily scale storage to meet specific business needs while securely accessing information from anywhere as well as minimizing repetitive tasks for IT administrators.
- Archive Intelligently: Through an integration with StorSimple technology, AvePoint offers a scalable, hybrid cloud storage solution to keep active data on premises while pushing archived data to Azure to reduce hardware costs and adhere to legal requirements.
Want to learn more? Here are three ways:
- If you’re at Ignite right now, stop by our booth (#568) before the rush of people waiting to see if they won a Ducati Monster 821 to learn more about how we complete the Office 365 story.
- If you’re like me and not able to attend Ignite, visit our Microsoft cloud management page.
- Finally, join us for our webinar on May 20 – Lessons from Ignite: Thriving in the Next Era of SharePoint & Office 365. We’ll recap all the new announcements from Ignite, explain what it means for you, and show you how we continue to stay ahead of game so you can craft a playbook to thrive in this next generation of SharePoint and Office 365.
Stay tuned for more exciting announcements around Office 365, SharePoint, and Azure coming from us over the next few weeks that continue highlighting our commitment to expanding the use of Office 365 and Azure.