Data privacy and the protection of personal data continue to be hot topics worldwide, but they are especially prominant in Europe, where the European data protection legislation was unveiled in 2012. The proposals are designed to impact individual rights when it comes to data collection and retention in the midst of globalization and evolving technologies. Taking place in London from April 14-16, The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Europe Data Protection Intensive 2015 comes at an especially great time, as organizations across the content seek to comply with these regulations in advance of their implementation.
AvePoint will be on hand at booth 12 throughout the event, sharing our latest compliance solutions that enable organizations to not only say what they do to protect sensitive data, but also take action, and prove that appropriate controls are in place. I encourage you to stop by, share your challenges with our team of experts on hand, and learn about what the following solutions can do for you. You’ll also have the chance to enter to win a brand new Nespresso machine!
Join the APIA 2K
Exclusively distributed by the IAPP, the AvePoint Privacy Impact Assessment (APIA) system is an enterprise software solution that brings the power of automation to your privacy impact assessments and streamlines the process of evaluating, assessing, and reporting on the ways your enterprise IT systems process sensitive information. With APIA you can:
- Comply with Privacy Regulations: Analyze how personal information is handled by enterprise IT systems to comply with global privacy legislation-mandated privacy impact assessments (PIA).
- Automate Privacy Impact Assessments: Utilize APIA’s form based survey system, built-in workflows as well as configurable questions and answers to simplify the way privacy, security, IT, and business owners interact and communicate during PIAs.
- Report on PIAs for Stakeholder Review: Automatically generate organization-specific PIA reports to distribute to Chief Privacy Officers for review.
- Extend to Security and Vulnerability Assessments: Extend and customize APIA for security and vulnerability assessments as well as requirements from other quality assurance and/or records management review.
What’s even better? APIA is available right now as a free download! More than 2,100 privacy practitioners across 61 industries and in 78 countries have downloaded the system. Want to see how APIA can benefit your organization? Visit the IAPP site to download it for free today.
Get to know the AvePoint Risk Intelligence System (ARIS)
At the IAPP Global Privacy Summit 2015, we unveiled the AvePoint Risk Intelligence System (ARIS), which allows organizations to address the complete lifecycle of risk across the enterprise. Leveraging the templates and question banks created for APIA, ARIS extends risk identification to provide meaningful action to assessments, including quantifying, lowering, and monitoring instances.
With ARIS, organizations will be able to address risk through the following functions:
- Assess: Based upon the organization’s industry and geography, take inventory of sensitive information to learn specific compliance best practices to put in place. Derive answers from the privacy assessments created with APIA and identify where risk may live within an organization.
- Validate: Prove how closely aligned the organization is with industry regulations and privacy impact assessments. Automatically pull reports to better understand where risk lives and quantify its impact to the business.
- Control: Learn best practices for controlling risk and create checklists to guide IT to the right solutions. Protect sensitive information with controls for security, geography, retention, and classification – reducing risk across the enterprise.
- Report: Provide executive reports on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) or Key Control Indicators (KCIs) to highlight areas in the business that need to be addressed to reduce risk, or report on progress made throughout the lifecycle.
To learn more about ARIS, please visit our website.
See What’s New with AvePoint Compliance Guardian
AvePoint Compliance Guardian is our full Data Loss Prevention (DLP) and Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) platform designed to help you safeguard your most sensitive information across information gateways. Throughout the Europe Data Protection Intensive, we’ll be highlighting Compliance Guardian’s latest DLP capabilities, including:
- Data Leakage Detection: Centrally monitor the status associated with any incident and its associated risk levels to ensure critical violations are prioritized according to business needs. With trend reports and detailed historical analysis, organizations can track and manage incidents more efficiently to drive a successful risk management lifecycle.
- Data at Rest: Discover dark data wherever it lives in an IT environment through extensible APIs. Compliance Guardian data repository scans are currently available out-of-the-box for file shares, databases, Web sites, Web applications, Web-based systems, Microsoft SharePoint, cloud, and social platforms – including Microsoft Lync and Yammer.
- Data Identification: Protect regulated and sensitive data from harmful leaks or misuse with scheduled and real-time, context-aware reporting and classification. This includes Fingerprinting, Compliance Guardian’s latest check type, which allows administrators to use file patterns as test criteria in order to identify files that are identical or similar.
For more on Compliance Guardian, be sure to visit our product page and request a free demo today!
I look forward to seeing everyone in London next week! Will you be there? Let us know what topics you’re looking forward to exploring and discussing by leaving a comment on this post!
Will Compliance Guardian be on display at Microsoft Ignite?
Yes- Compliance Guardian and our entire CG Platform will be available for everyone to check out at Microsoft Ignite. Please stop by our booth and ask for one of product specialists to give you an overview! Thanks for asking.