SharePoint Conference (SPC) 2012 started off with a bang here at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV. As proud Platinum and Keynote Sponsor for the third consecutive SPC, it was exciting to watch the future of enterprise collaboration with Microsoft’s keynote speech on Microsoft SharePoint 2013, Microsoft Office 365, Windows Azure, and more integration with Yammer.
Coinciding with the first official full day of SPC, AvePoint held Microsoft SharePoint 2013 and Migration Day at AvePoint’s booth – #417. Fresh off the heels of our newest Windows 8 app, DocAve Analytics for SharePoint, AvePoint drew large crowds to the booth to show off the new product as well as its other recent major product releases:
Not only did we have a chance to speak with 10,000 of our closest SharePoint community friends stopping by our booth, we also had our AvePoint Demo Theatre fully packed, offering best practices, customer stories, and partner success for those looking for more information on migrating, managing, and optimizing the latest release of SharePoint.
· Introduction to AvePoint MyView & Preview of the SharePoint 2013 Marketplace – Jeremy Thake, SharePoint MVP & AvePoint Chief Architect
· Before You Begin: SharePoint 2013 Migration Planning Considerations – Mary Leigh Mackie, Vice President of Product Marketing, AvePoint
· Top Five New & Improved Things for Developers in SharePoint 2013 – Andrew Connell, SharePoint MVP & Co-Founder of Critical Path Training
· Case Study: Migrating to Microsoft Office 365 – Mike Oryszak, Vice President of Global Account Product Management, Intellinet
· What’s New with SharePoint 2013: A Look at Shredded Storage & RBS – Jeremy Thake
· Top Five Ways to Streamline Migration to SharePoint 2013 – John Peluso, Vice President of Product Management, AvePoint
We were also excited to hold yet another AvePoint RED Party at VANITY Night Club at the Hard Rock Cafe, an exclusive event for our customers and partners to celebrate the SharePoint community’s continued success. We’re going through the bevy of videos, pictures, and ‘staches, and will be sharing those with you all shortly!
Tuesday was Cloud day at the AvePoint booth. There, we had a team of AvePoint members ready to show attendees how they can start their journey to the cloud with our products and solutions. In our AvePoint Demo Theatre, we had exclusive sessions led by AvePoint’s SharePoint experts and partners sharing tips and tricks necessary for successfully integrating cloud computing into enterprise technology deployments. Sessions included:
· Cloud Deployment Options: Cloud, Hybrid, or None of the Above – Mary Leigh Mackie, Vice President of Product Management, AvePoint
· An Introduction to DocAve Online – Shyam Oza, Product Manager, AvePoint
· SharePoint and the Cloud: Identifying Opportunities to Gain More with Less – Steve Fox, Director, Azure, COE, Microsoft Corp.
· Top Five Considerations for Migrating to the Cloud – John Peluso, Vice President of Product Management, AvePoint
· Integrating the Cloud into your SharePoint Infrastructure & Storage Architectures – John Hodges, Vice President of Global Account Product Management, AvePoint
For those who couldn’t get enough of SharePoint 2013, Jeremy Thake teamed up with SharePoint MVP Dan Holme to deliver: "Wish I’d Have Known That Sooner! SharePoint 2013 Demystified". Jeremy and Dan refer to the session as “Lessons Learned,” “Best Practices”, or “From the Field” on steroids. After years of helping organizations around the world to deploy and implement SharePoint, Dan and Jeremy have found that there are certain pain points that almost everyone encounters, and the session allowed them to share the most common and problematic scenarios, and their solutions, with the goal of saving organizations pain, time, and money.