Throughout the interview process, it’s important to remember that as a candidate, you are interviewing the company as much as they are interviewing you! When going through the experience, show the organization that you’ve done your research and are prepared to take on the responsibilities of the role you’re interviewing for. You can do this by asking good questions.
Below are sample questions to consider asking throughout your interviewing experience, along with the appropriate stage to ask them.
Interview with the Talent Acquisition Team
Your first interview with AvePoint will be with a People or Talent Acquisition team member. During this early stage, you should take the time to understand a broad overview of AvePoint’s offerings, culture, and the day-to-day responsibilities of the role you’ve applied to. This conversation is also an appropriate time to talk about work/life balance, compensation, company benefits, training and development, and lay out the next steps in the interviewing experience.
Here are sample questions to ask during this conversation:
- What qualities or skills is the hiring manager looking for in a candidate?
- What does an average day look like in this role?
- What are the biggest challenges I’ll face in this role?
- What does training entail?
- What is the timeline for hiring and next steps from here?
Interview with the Hiring Manager
After your initial conversation with the Talent team, your next conversation will most likely be with the direct hiring manager. At this point, you should be familiar with the company and general responsibilities of the role. Your meeting with the hiring manager should uncover how this role will help you achieve your greater career goals, learn about the manager’s experience at AvePoint, and determine if his/her leadership style would match your working habits.
Below are questions to help guide this conversation:
- What is your leadership style?
- What would training and onboarding look like for this position?
- Describe the team’s culture as it relates to AvePoint’s core values, agility, passion, and teamwork.
- Outside of the job description, what other tasks are required?
- Which teams would I be working closely with?
- What does growth look like for this position?
Final Interview with the Team
Final interviews often include multiple team members and senior leadership. Whether this interview is held in-person or virtually over video, focus on big picture questions and use this time to understand the team’s goals, company’s future and vision, and what this role could mean for your career.
Consider asking the following questions:
- How does AvePoint as a whole support its core values, agility, passion, and teamwork?
- How does AvePoint support employees’ ability to connect with each other?
- How do you ensure your workplace is diverse and inclusive?
- What is the vision for the future of this team, department and AvePoint?
- How does the work of this team support the greater goals of the business?
- What opportunities for mentorship are provided at the company?
Bringing It All Together
While you don’t need to plan on asking every question above, you should understand which questions will bring the most benefit to your job search. Delivery is just as important as the content, so be sure to ask these questions in the best light. Focus on how your skills and experience can bring value to the company, practice asking questions one at a time, and ensure you’re covering multiple topics to get a full view of the opportunity.
We hope that this serves as a great resource for your next interview!