Lars Stevens has been with AvePoint for nearly two and a half years, he started as a Mid-Market Account Executive and he is now a Senior Account Executive. He is based from our office in The Hague.
What does a typical day look like for you?
What do you like to do outside of work?
I love to travel the world, especially Asia, South America and Africa, as I’m interested in the cultures that prevail in these parts of the world. Besides that, I like to be actively engaged in sports with friends. This entails running, playing volleyball, exercise soccer and long-distance mountain bike tracks.
Tell us three things most people don’t know about you.
- In a few weeks, my girlfriend Ilja will give birth to our first son. I’m very excited about this and the time to come!
- My dream is to have a 2nd house in the Southern part of France, Spain, Italy, or Greece.
- I still live in the same region in the Netherlands as the one I grew up in. I never thought I would remain in this area because I did quite a bit of studying abroad prior to my professional working career.
Do you have a favourite quote?
“I love it when a plan comes together!” This is my favourite quote from watching the A-Team when I was younger.
What are three career lessons you’ve learned thus far?
- Always be prepared for a meeting, regardless of how much you know about the topic or how repetitive the engagement may seem at first.
- Be humble.
- Success isn’t something you achieve on your own; it depends on the company you’re working for, your role, the team amongst you, and the growth opportunities from your manager. The thing I value most about working at AvePoint is that I can count on a team that has my back, especially in times when the desired outcome wasn’t reached, or things could have been done differently to achieve success.