Following my recent post with guidelines for keeping productive while working from home, I also want to share general health and wellness tips while WFH. Read on to learn about resources and tips for taking care of your mind and body.
Health & Wellness Tips
- Practice a healthy lifestyle including diet and exercise.
- Stay connected with loved ones.
- Focus on what you are in control of, versus what you can’t control.
- Limit exposure to social media and news.
- Practice empathy and compassion; find ways to contribute or assist those who need help the most.
- Seek out help when needed.
- Learn about health programs offered by your company. At AvePoint, we have a program that offers work-life help, including emotional health, parenting, senior caregiving, wellness, and daily living.
- Healbright is offering a FREE resource to help ease the anxiety, fear, and stress caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Kindarma‘s mission is to connect those who have conquered their own mental health issues with those currently in it, and in doing so build wisdom, hope and resilience. Join their community here.
- Meditation can help you improve stress, anxiety and/or sleep. Check out these apps that offer guided meditations from beginners to experts. We personally recommend Headspace or Calm.
- YouTube has endless virtual workout options! Some popular channels include MadFit, ALO Yoga, The Body Coach, and FitnessBlender.
- On Demand Workouts are being offered by many gyms and fitness studios. If your local gym or studio is not offering on demand workouts, or you want to try something new, check out this article with some options to get you started.
Do you have any health or wellness tips of your own? Comment and share below!