Next week, I will join Microsoft SharePoint community members at SPTechCon in San Francisco, where AvePoint is the Diamond Sponsor. Having worked in San Francisco for a time during the ‘90s, I always enjoy getting back to “the city by the bay.” In fact, it was in San Francisco where I met Bill Gates many years ago. It was completely coincidental—we shared an elevator back in maybe 1991. He wasn’t quite as well known then, but I recognized him instantly, and I felt honored to meet him.
I’m also excited to be at SPTechCon, which is billed as the largest independent SharePoint conference in the world and a gathering place for IT professionals, business managers, analysts, and developers with one common thread: SharePoint. While the classes are great, it’s the networking that I really treasure. In addition to a keynote speech from Jared Spataro, Director: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server, and Dene Cleaver, Microsoft Sr. Product Manager, SharePoint experts from all over will be on hand to lead workshops and technical classes on a wide variety of SharePoint-related topics throughout the event. A few things I’m looking forward to include:
· Hanging out with the AvePoint pit-crew. They are the best team in the business and really make my work so much easier.
· Networking with MVPs and other SharePoint colleagues.
· Checking out the exhibitors and learning all the latest and greatest products that are coming out.
· Doing a free signing of my SharePoint 2010 Administration Instant Reference book at AvePoint’s booth (#201) on Tuesday, February 28, at 3:15pm.
This is a speaking conference for me, and on Monday, February 27, at 12:45pm I will lead a session entitled “SharePoint Governance Enforcement: Taking Corrective Actions to Meet Evolving Organizational Needs” in the lunch/banquet room. During the session, I will showcase how organizations can leverage AvePoint’s DocAve Software Platform to regain control over SharePoint information and security management. Among others, here are some specific reasons why I’m so excited to share the latest version of the platform, DocAve 6:
· Showing off the über-cool, brand new user interface
· Being able to optimize storage costs
· Managing multiple SharePoint farms from a single location
· Leveraging InstaMount to reduce recovery time objectives
Are you attending the event? Be sure to stop by AvePoint’s booth (#201) to talk about SharePoint with us and learn how DocAve can simplify governance and infrastructure management significantly for your organization. I hope to see you there!