AvePoint Media Contact
Tel: +1 201-201-8143
AvePoint Expands Support for Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Initiatives with Compliance Guardian and Compliance Guardian Online
By supporting additional information gateways such as structured databases and messaging platforms as well as bolstering support for social and online platforms, AvePoint continues building a bridge to safeguard data no matter where it resides
Jersey City, New Jersey — November 18, 2014 —AvePoint, the established leader in enterprise-class management, governance, and compliance software solutions for next-generation social collaboration platforms, today announced new updates to its award-winning compliance product line, Compliance Guardian Service Pack (SP) 3 and Compliance Guardian Online SP 2, that enable organizations to ensure they are protecting even more of its enterprise content is available and accessible to the people who should have it and protected from the people who should not.
Compliance Guardian SP 3
Compliance Guardian mitigates privacy, security and compliance risks across information gateways with a comprehensive risk management process allowing organizations to document policies, implement and measure them, and demonstrate conformance. New features in SP 3 improve support for social platforms as well as add additional information gateways to provide overall support of virtually all enterprise data.
- Extended Support for Social: Discover data and perform compliance scans in Yammer websites, Yammer apps, or Yammer web parts while connected to Compliance Guardian. Scan Yammer messages posted from Yammer websites or apps, delete messages, or send alerts to stakeholders if any issue is detected.
- New Support for Structured Databases: Scan Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, and generate reports for stakeholders view.
- New Support for Instant Messaging: Archive Microsoft Lync conversations, search for specific content from archived conversations, export conversations to third-party record management systems for further legal review, and scan archived conversations to address privacy and information security violations.
Compliance Guardian Online SP 2
Compliance Guardian Online, part of AvePoint Online Services – used by nearly 2 million Office 365 users today – ensures that web applications, websites, and cloud platforms offer content and information securely to minimize risk of privacy violations, malicious threats, or unintended data leakage. New features in SP 2 include:
- SharePoint Online Scanning: Tag content with embedded or system metadata, and take corrective action to risk-defined content in bulk based on tagging, gain a holistic overview of the content classification and action results in executive dashboards, and enhance incident tracking and management with Quarantine Manager, Encryption Manager, and Redaction Manager – ensuring discovered incidents are reviewed, tracked, and acted on in accordance with your information governance policies.
- Website Scanning: Search webpages for errors and add informational indicators to quickly locate content violations, specify individual compliance rules for single web pages and scan all web pages in bulk, and create authentication profiles so users can easily set up forms authentication.
- Added Customization Support: Customize the look and feel of the Compliance Guardian Online environment, including brand logo and ribbon color – providing consistent branding across an organization’s IT systems.
“Business is expanding beyond the traditional email and word document exchange – but as new platforms become commonplace in organizations, there is an ever-increasing need to monitor them for potential risk,” said Dana Simberkoff, Chief Compliance and Risk Officer, AvePoint, Inc. “With these latest additions, we’re expanding what we scan and protect across collaboration and unified communication systems to better reflect how enterprise work and what tools they use today.”
Compliance Guardian Online is generally available today, November 18, 2014, and Compliance Guardian will be available in December 2014. For more information on the new features, please visit our website. To learn how healthcare organizations can automate compliance with AvePoint, please register for our free webinar, which will take place at 1 p.m. ET on Monday, November 24, 2014.
AvePoint accelerates your digital transformation success. Over 16,000 companies and 7 million SharePoint and Office 365 users worldwide trust AvePoint software and services for their data migration, management, and protection needs in the cloud, on-premises and hybrid environments.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.