AvePoint Media Contact
Tel: +1 201-201-8143
AvePoint Enhances Control and Security for SharePoint Data Governance in New Release of Governance Automation
AvePoint’s latest release provides administrators with increased control over provisioning, lifecycle management, and security with new features to ensure deeper SharePoint integration, additional security, and greater performance optimization
Jersey City, New Jersey — August 28, 2014 — AvePoint, the established leader in enterprise-class management, governance, and compliance software solutions for next-generation social collaboration platforms, today announced the general availability of DocAve Governance Automation Service Pack (SP) 5. With DocAve Governance Automation, administrators can implement an extensible data governance strategy that empowers users, is easy to maintain, and scales as the organization grows.
Governance Automation gives business owners oversight into SharePoint site provisioning as well as content and permissions management in order to help develop an information architecture based on enterprises’ specific needs. New features include:
Deeper SharePoint Integration
- Access Denied Redirect—Streamline all security features through one system with a managed service request process via Governance Automation in order to provide more insight into each request, including who requested access, time of request, who approved the request, and the level of permission granted.
- Policy Bar—Drive Governance Automation-related information and insights directly to users via the SharePoint interface with a banner or “badge”, which can now be auto-populated on the top of all SharePoint pages to display a color, graphic, and label indicating the specific policy applied.
- Site Information Card—Eliminate the need to leave your SharePoint site by allowing access to Governance Automation-maintained information – site contacts, metadata, quota usage, and lifecycle information – and providing easy access to service request details within the site itself.
Additional Security Control
- Grant Permission Level Control—Provide more flexible security options during provisioning by defining specific groups and allowing requestors to add additional members during the site/site collection provisioning process. Administrators can now also limit the permission level a requestor is allowed to ask for when making a permissions request.
Greater Performance Optimization
- Automatic Content Database Allocation—Enable administrators to enforce and automate stated database processes and policies by specifying intended content database server targets, naming schemes, and size thresholds.
- Site Quota Change Service—Allow administrators to set more conservative initial quotas and easily allow authorized users to request quota increase/decrease for site collections with automated execution upon approval. IT administrators can reduce the overall cost of storage by starting users with conservative storage quotas, only increasing if usage exceeds the set limitations.
“Social enterprise collaboration and cloud computing may have turned normal business operations on its head within the past few years, but it doesn’t take away the ultimate importance of overall data governance,” said George Petrou, Chief Technology Officer, AvePoint Inc. “The newest features in Governance Automation enable users to have easy access to SharePoint for their collaboration initiatives while ensuring that pre-established governance policies are met.”
DocAve Governance Automation SP 5 is generally available today, August 26, 2014. For more information on the new features, please visit our website.
Collaborate with Confidence: AvePoint provides the most advanced platform to optimize SaaS operations and secure collaboration.
Over 17,000 customers worldwide rely on our solutions to modernize the digital workplace across Microsoft, Google, Salesforce and other collaboration environments.
AvePoint's global channel partner program includes over 3,500 managed service providers, value added resellers and systems integrators, with our solutions available in more than 100 cloud marketplaces. To learn more, visit https://www.avepoint.com/au.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.